Founded in 1980, Intercollege has an established reputation for quality higher education. Intercollege is one of the largest and most prestigious institutions in Cyprus. Indeed, a relevant opinion survey conducted by an independent research firm showed Intercollege to be “the most reputable college in Cyprus”.
As a modern, progressive institution, Intercollege offers unique educational opportunities to students of varied backgrounds.
At Intercollege, students benefit from:
- The opportunity to earn the Institution’s reputable qualifications.
- Transfer possibilities to prestigious American, British or European universities.
- Its international character and diverse academic and professional expertise.
- The experience of being a member of an international student body. Intercollege students come from many nations to prepare for leadership positions in the professions, the arts, government, industry and commerce.
In pursuit of its mission, Intercollege strives to:
- Offer quality, career-oriented undergraduate programmes, graduate studies in selected fields, and quality professional programmes.
- Implement the Institute motto “Excellence in Education” by encouraging students to strive for excellence in every activity.
- Remain firmly committed to the economic, social, scientific and cultural development of Cyprus.
- Develop further as an international institution, where Cypriot and international students, faculty and staff are valued for their cultural diversity.
The Intercollege mission is to assist students in becoming educated individuals, in achieving their academic and career goals, and assuming responsible roles in a changing world of international cooperation and interdependence.
Intercollege is international in philosophy, development and outlook. Conscious of its unique location at the crossroads of three continents, the Institute strives to enhance opportunities for education and understanding between people of different cultures. Intercollege aims to promote both high academic standards and high principles of character. Students are encouraged to acquire facts and competencies in various skills, as well as to develop cultural awareness, social responsibility and personal integrity.
Fostering student-teacher involvement at lntercollege, the faculty is encouraged to blend academic knowledge with professional experience
inside the classroom and to emphasise a personalised approach to education. Through close interaction with faculty and staff, students are helped to examine their goals, abilities and options for the future.
The Institution’s admission policy accommodates students with varied academic abilities and aptitudes provided that they achieve the minimum programme requirements to graduate.
Intercollege’s programmes are modelled on American and European higher education. The Institute is committed to maintaining standards which comply with those of International higher education in order to provide students with diverse transfer opportunities for further study.
- Recruit and retain qualified faculty and support their development.
- Encourage research, publications and creative activity.
- Strengthen facilities, resources and services to provide a stimulating environment conducive to personal growth, discovery and learning.
- Continually review and update programmes to keep pace with developments and standards in International higher education.
- Enhance student communication, democratic leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Expand opportunities for professional and social interaction within the Institution.