The Intercollege mission is to assist students in becoming educated individuals, in achieving their academic and career goals, and assuming responsible roles in a changing world of international cooperation and interdependence.
Intercollege is international in philosophy, development and outlook. Conscious of its unique location at the crossroads of three continents, the College strives to enhance opportunities for education and understanding between people of different cultures. Intercollege aims at promoting both high academic standards and high principles of character. Students are encouraged to acquire facts and competencies in various skills, as well as to develop cultural awareness, social responsibility and personal integrity.Fostering student-teacher involvement in learning is the most important activity at Intercollege. The faculty members are encouraged to blend academic knowledge with professional experience inside the classroom and to emphasize a personalized approach to education. Through close interaction with faculty and staff, students are helped to examine their goals, abilities, and options for the future.The College admission policy accommodates students with varied academic abilities and aptitudes – on the condition that students achieve the minimum program requirements to graduate.
Intercollege’s programs are modeled on American and European higher education. The College is committed to maintaining standards which comply with those of Western higher education in order to provide students with diverse transfer opportunities for further study.
In pursuit of its mission, Intercollege strives to:
- Offer quality, career-oriented undergraduate programs, graduate studies in selected fields, and quality professional programs
- Implement the College motto “Excellence in Education” by encouraging students to strive for excellence in every activity
- Remain firmly committed to the economic, social, scientific, and cultural development of Cyprus
- Develop further as an international college, where Cypriot and international students, faculty, and staff are valued for their cultural diversity
- Recruit and retain qualified faculty and support their development
- Encourage research, publications, and creative activity
- Strengthen facilities, resources, and services to provide a stimulating environment conducive to personal growth, discovery and learning
- Continually review and update programs to keep pace with developments and standards in Western higher education
- Enhance student communication, democratic leadership and critical thinking skills
- Expand opportunities for professional and social interaction within the College.